Friday, June 01, 2007

What I’m Playing This Weekend: 6-1-07

Famicon-tastic!


Welcome aboard, I know it's killing you know, what games do I play? What could possible be on my plate for the weekend? What could I be drooling over? Well, here it is, find out what is going on in the world of J.J.

Stupid Hat...


I've been on a bit of a Zelda bender lately, so I decided to finally pick up and finish Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap for the GBA. I'm pretty much done with it, I'm in the final stage kicking ass in all of it's weird hat powered goodness. A damn fine game that reminds you of the cuteness and innocence of the Zelda franchise. It's charming, like a Link To The Past.


You've got to be kidding me...


Meh. It's okay, I've played better, but as far as a Wii fighting game goes, it's good. I've played MK:A already for the PS2, and these two titles are identical, except for the fact you can play as Khameleon, the female Ninja. You get your choice of controlers to use, Gamecube, Classic, or Wiimote/nunchuck combo with motion controls. The motion controls work well enough, sometimes you just stand there and do nothing, but they do their function. Motor Kombat is great, it uses the remote in traditional Wii racing styles. Rental only, don't bother if you've already played MK:A, it's a great fighting game, but not worth a replay.


 


...purdy cars...


Forza 2 is fantastic. I'm a HUGE Gran Turismo fan, and this game is right up there. It does some things better than Gran Turismo, and Gran Turismo 4 does things better than this game. Graphically, it's awesome, a little jaggy, but I'm not a bitch like that. The online stuff is DEEP. The picture you see above is a picture I took in game, and it uploaded it to the Forza site. You can give someone cars as a gift, you can auction off cars, or buy cars at auction, you can even kick back and watch some people race. Gran Turismo still wins in the car department, it has better cars, and I think the renders look better in the sense of not graphics, but design, Forza looks too clean and smooth, like a videogame, GT is a little dirty, and not as shiny, Forza cars look like detailed toys. And I still feel as though I can tinker a lot deeper in the GT series. Knowing I won't be getting a PS3 anytime soon, I love this game, and it will tide me over until the PS3 becomes affordable.


 

No comments: