Thursday, April 19, 2007

Playin’ in the Sandbox: Another Pee-Wee’s Playhouse re-release figure review.

Back again with yet another look at Neca's Pee-Wee's Playhouse line. Last time, we took a look at Pee-Wee himself, that review can be found by simple scrolling down, you lazy fuck.

Anywho, another trip to Spencer's, netted yet another figure, let's see who I got.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

"I'm trying to free your mind."

Yes friends, it's Morpheus as seen in Keanu Reeves recurring wet dream "Moo Moo Buckaroo". Or...It's a Cowboy Curtis figure, fuck if I know.

Yes, upon the suggestion of my lady friend Alex, I did indeed pickup Curtis here from Spencer's today. The picture of Pee-Wee and Curtis on the carding suggests Paul Reubens is tryin not to laugh while Fishburne is explaining how he totally nailed the Dream Warriors screen test.

The Cowboy here is a nice looking figure considering how long ago it came out, and seems like he's made of heavier plastic. The paint is pretty clean, and the detail is surprisingly cool, especially on the vest and boots. Anyway, get a good look at the figure by clicking on the pics below. Or don't, see if I give a shit.



Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Now anyone reading this is thinking: "Hey asshole, last time you bitched about the price of these things, and you went and bought another one?" You'd be right, it is kind of hypocritical of me, however I came to the conclusion I couldn't own just one of these. I mean shit, you can't just have Pee-Wee standing there by himself, with his thumb up his ass.

These still retail for 13 bucks, and they still aren't really worth it, but hey, that's 13 bucks you might've sent to Feed the Homeless, and fuck them. Spencer's is still the only place that carries these right now, so prepare to to weave your way around big, cock shaped daiquiri blenders on the way to re-capturing your childhood.

No comments: